Useful Paediatric Links & Articles
- Learn how to manage a fever (pdf)
- Learn how to treat diarrhoea (pdf)
- Learn CPR for infants
- How to give liquid medicine
- Developmental stages
HIV and AIDS Links
- WHO | Treatment of children living with HIV
- Parenting a child with HIV | womenshealth.gov
- About Pediatric Aids | pedaids.org
Helpful Resources for Paediatric Pulmonology
- Learn how the respiratory system works
- Learn how to use a puffer (MDI) and spacer(aerochamber) correctly:
- Allergy and Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics - Tour "Breatherville, USA" to learn tips for managing food allergies, caring for children with asthma, and ask questions.
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - This site offers a channel for patients and consumers providing information on all types of allergies, including prevention, treatment and management. Also provides information on managing asthma.
- Helpful Asthma information for parents and children
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is to promote and support research for a cure and improved treatments for cystic fibrosis. Their web site offers a wealth of information about the disease, available treatments, on-going research and donation opportunities.
Useful Links for Allergy Sufferers
- The Allergy Society of South Africa - www.allergysa.org.za
This national organization aims to advance the knowledge and practice of allergy and immunology through publications, meetings, and conferences and to foster the education of medical professionals as well as the public.
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - www.aaaai.org
This site offers a channel for patients and consumers providing information on all types of allergies, including prevention, treatment and management.
- Pollen Sampling in Cape Town - www.pollensa.co.za
The pollen and fungal spore count is measured in Cape Town over a 24hour period. Find out which pollens are present in the air at any given time.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network – www.foodallergy.org
Provides education and support for parents dealing with food allergies
- National eczema association- www.nationaleczema.org
Provides education and support for adults and children with eczema